Tuesday, May 22, 2007

thoughts from a new look

This is a space for me to organize and post my thoughts. I learn best by writing- oftentimes I read what I've written and am amazed at what has flowed out of my head. This webspace gives me an opportunity to do that.

I'm working on a sermon series that I'm teaching in a couple of weeks and I stumbled on the idea of "Dinners with Jesus". This would be a look at the times when Jesus visited people's homes and ate with them.

The first one I'm looking at is a time when Jesus visited the home of Simon the Pharisee. (luke 7:36-50) I'm still trying to figure out what the message of the story is- forgiveness? new life? love? Maybe by journaling in this way I'll figure it out.

For now, I'll continue to study and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment